Skip to content
- Founded 1974 in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The European Society for Artificial Organs (ESAO) is a worldwide society to encourage and publish progress made in the field of artificial organs and allied spheres.
- The ESAO serves over 400 members worldwide.
Aims of ESAO
- Coordinate and develope research in Europe on organs support, replacement and regeneration based on artificial organs, tissue engineering and regenerative medicine
- To promote scientific projects in the field of artificial organs and regenerative medicine
- To promote young scientists
- To affect ethical, regulatory guidelines and research policy of European Union on artificial organ support
- To promote exchanges and establish ties with associations having similar aims in and outside Europe
Our activities include:
- Organization of annual congresses
- Organization of Summer & Winter Schools
- Research & development of artificial organ technology in working groups
- Scientific Awards
- Promotion of collaboration between fundamental, clinical and applied research
- Support of cooperation between scientists, engineers and clinicians with industry to promote development of new therapies and devices
- Recommendations for ethical and social conduct in Artificial Organ treatment